2019 Novel approaches to large scale scientific computing
- Between TensorFlow, particularly the TPU chips, limited precision arithmetic, more mathematics for program construction and data modeling, I believe there are opportunities for dramatic improvements for some grand challenge compute problems.
2018- Machine Learning
- Applications of Machine Learning to simulation Physics Equations
- Use of TensorFlow for High Performance Computing
- Interpretability of ML models
2018- Limited Precision and Number Formats for SKA
- The Role of Number formats and Precision for SKA compute pipelines
2017- Software for new Memory Technologies
- Concepts in programming languages and runtimes related to persistent and hybrid memory.
2014- Hardware and Software for Parallel Programming
- Geometric underpinnings of efficient parallel algorithms, such as network
topologies and data organization